When it comes to signup bonuses, the online poker industry standard is to offer a 100% match up to a certain amount. So if you deposited $100, you'd be eligible to earn another $100, with the key word being "earn" because you'll have to work for all of it. But this isn't the case with the 888 Poker bonus, where you get a portion of your money upfront, which is an industry rarity. In this case, rare is definitely good so read on to find out what you get from this highly popular online poker bonus.
Free Money Upfront
As long as you make a deposit while using the "888Max" bonus code, you'll be eligible for a 100% match bonus up to $400+$10. The $10 is free cash that's given right away to use on real money cash and tournament tables. Okay, that free $10 is nice, but nothing's too out of the ordinary so far.
Of course, this is until you find out that 888 also delivers 25% of your match bonus upfront. You don't even have to earn this money - it's just put into your account for real money use immediately! To illustrate this point, assume that you deposit $200. This means that you'll be getting $50 of the bonus money immediately along with another $10 free - for a total of $60 in funds that are ready for the real money tables.
Earning the Match Bonus
So what about the other 75% of your 888 Poker bonus? Like any other site, you must at least earn part of your signup bonus. The requirements for doing so at 888 include generating BPs (Bonus Points) to unlock the reward. You need 10 BPs to collect every dollar of your match bonus. And every $1 that you contribute in ring game or tournament rake delivers 2 BPs. Do the quick math and that amounts to $5 in rake for every dollar in free cash.
To explain this, let's say that you once again deposit $200. As covered before, 25% of the bonus is given upfront, with the other 75% needing to be earned, which is $150 in this case. To unlock the full amount, you'd have to generate 1,500 BPs (150 x 10), thus equating to $750 in total rake (1,500/2).
As can be seen, the 888 Poker bonus isn't overly difficult to earn. Plus, the free cash that you get immediately after depositing only sweetens the deal. Just remember, though, that the free money needs to go through wagering requirements before it can be cashed out.
To read more visit http://www.pokerstop.com